Human Resources: Job Postings - Faculty
Program Developer/Director of Nursing
This full time, tenure-track faculty position is a 12 month appointment that requires a minimum of a registered nurse who holds a doctorate in nursing or doctorate degree in another discipline and a master’s degree in nursing. Eligible to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas. A minimum of three years teaching experience in a professional nursing program including demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities in administration is required.
As Program Developer, he /she will
- Supervise the development, implementation, and evaluation of a traditional and online RN-BSN curriculum for a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. These processes involve the inclusion of nursing standards established by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Establish and oversee the application process for students.
- Recruit faculty and students into the program.
- Make budget recommendations related to faculty development and employment needs as well as program resources.
- Seek external funds to support purchases for the nursing laboratory and other program needs as necessary.
- Coordinate with local and regional health care facilities as practice partners.
- Familiarize self with University mission, values, policies, and procedures.
As Director of Nursing he/she will be responsible to
- Implement the instructional, educational, and professional objectives of the BSN program.
- Work directly with department chairpersons, faculty, staff, and students to develop quality teaching, professional learning experiences, and public service programs.
- Continue review, improvement, and development of the undergraduate nursing program.
- Mentor tenure track, non-tenure track, and adjunct faculty.
The Director is responsible for compliance and communication with the accreditation standards of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Texas State Board of Nursing. The Director represents the Division and is actively involved with nursing and other health care organizations in the state, region, and nation.
Although this position is initially an administrative one, teaching is the University’s primary mission, and this position is expected to assume quarter-time (3 credit hours) teaching responsibilities, Scholarly activity, student advising, and service to the University and community are also expected.
Assistant Professor of Exercise Science and Sport Management
The Exercise Science and Sport Management Department at Schreiner University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Exercise Science and Sport Management. This is a tenure-track faculty position available August 2016. The candidate must be able to teach various courses within the Exercise Science curriculum including, but not limited to, introductory level courses for exercise science majors and non-majors, and upper-level Exercise Science courses. Teaching in the department’s Sport Management curriculum also is expected. Responsibilities include teaching, advising, and participation in curricular development and assessment. The successful candidate will be expected to participate fully in departmental duties, committee service, campus activities, and engage in scholarship and/or creative activities aligned with institutional goals. Teaching load is 12 hours per semester.
Qualifications: Position requires a minimum of a master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline, an earned doctorate, or ABD with completion no later than August 2016 for tenure track.
Teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred. Additional certifications from the NSCA and/or the ACSM are also preferred.
In addition to the application , applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, teaching philosophy, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and other support materials such as teaching evaluations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to: Human Resources Attn: Chris White, 2100 Memorial Blvd CMB 6233, Kerrville, Texas 78028.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS:
Psychology- now accepting applications for part-time Spring Semester 2016
In addition to the
applicants should submit
letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, teaching philosophy
, the names, addresses and
telephone numbers of
such as teaching evaluations to: email@example.com. Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to: Schreiner University
Human Resources Office Attn: Chris White, 2100 Memorial Blvd CMB 6233, Kerrville, Texas 78028.