Posting date: 01.06.14
Assistant Professor of Christian Ethics (Full-time)
The Department of Social Sciences at Schreiner University invites applications for a full-time assistant professor position to begin Fall 2014.
- The ideal candidate will be able to teach all levels of religion (surveys of Old and New Testament, World Religions, Christian Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, and the like)
- Direct religion majors in internships and assist religion majors prepare for seminary.
- In addition, applicants should be able to successfully teach introductory philosophy courses such as ethics, logic, and critical thinking.
- The successful candidate also will be expected to serve as faculty adviser to undergraduates and to teach in the general education program, if requested.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate fully in departmental duties, committee service, campus activities, and to engage in scholarship and/or creative activities aligned with institutional goals.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with an interest in environmental ethics.
- Teaching load is 12 hours per semester.
Position is open until filled. Schreiner University has been designated a Hispanic-serving institution and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community.
- Position requires an earned doctorate in religion/theology (or a related field) with an emphasis in Christian ethics or ABD with completion no later than August 2014.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
- Other support materials such as teaching evaluations
For questions, please contact Trisha Love, Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page