Posting date: 02.17.14
Assistant Professor of Information Systems (Full-time)
The Department of Business at Schreiner University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Information Systems. This is a tenure-track position available Fall 2014.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a scholarly focus on programming, database, or networking research.
- Responsibilities include undergraduate and master level course instruction, course development, student advising, service to the university and community, and engagement in scholarship and/or creative activities.
- Teaching responsibilities include teaching all levels of courses within the major.
- Teaching in the University's groundbreaking interdisciplinary core curriculum also is expected.
- Teaching load is 12 hours per semester.
Position is open until filled. Schreiner University has been designated a Hispanic-serving institution and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community.
- PhD or ABD, is preferred for this position.
- Minimum requirement: Master’s degree in information systems with experience, or Master’s degree in a related field with information systems experience.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to email@example.com. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
- Other support materials such as teaching evaluations
For questions, please contact Trisha Love, Human Resource Services, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page