Posting date: 01.06.14
Assistant Professor of Biology (Full-time)
The Department of Science at Schreiner University solicits applications for a full-time, tenure-track teaching position in biology to begin Fall 2014.
- Responsibilities will include teaching all levels of biology courses and teaching in the University’s general education program.
- Ideal candidates will be capable of teaching a breadth of topics (i.e., general biology, evolution, genetics, physiology) and offer research opportunities to students in either environmental or cellular tracks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate fully in departmental duties, committee service, campus activities, and to engage in scholarship and/or creative activities aligned with institutional goals.
- Teaching load is 12 hours per semester.
Position is open until filled. Schreiner University has been designated a Hispanic-serving institution and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community.
- Position requires an earned doctorate in biology (or a related field) or ABD with completion no later than August 2014.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
- Other support materials such as teaching evaluations
For questions, please contact Trisha Love, Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page