Posting date: 01.06.14
Instructor of German (Full-time)
The Department of English & Foreign Languages at Schreiner University invites applications for a full-time instructor position to begin Fall 2014.
- The ideal candidate will be able to teach all levels of German language as well as literature or special topics seminars for advanced undergraduates.
- Experience with study abroad programs is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be expected to serve as faculty advisor to undergraduates.
- Native or near-native fluency in German is required.
- In addition, the successful applicant must demonstrate proficiency in the ability to teach classes through distancing learning and high-definition videoconferencing within the ground-breaking and innovative Texas Language Consortium, a partnership of liberal arts colleges and universities offering world language courses.
- The Consortium promotes the study of world languages by providing language learning opportunities that an individual campus would be unable to provide on its own.
- Qualifications to teach an additional world language is desired. Teaching load is 12 hours per semester.
Position is open until filled. Schreiner University has been designated a Hispanic-serving institution and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community.
- Position requires an earned MA in German (or a related field) with completion no later than August 2014.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
- Other support materials such as teaching evaluations
For questions, please contact Trisha Love, Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page