Posting date: 05.08.2013
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor Senior Level (Part Time)
Teaching responsibilities for this position are focused in the areas of Maternal Child, Pediatrics, Leadership and Management, Community, and Acute Care.
SUMMARY OF REPONSIBILITES
Provides direct student supervision in the clinical setting. Responsibilities include ensuring the students provide safe, competent care in the clinical setting in accordance with the Mission Statement of the Schreiner University (SU) BSN program, the mission statement of the clinical facility and that the guidelines provided in the Schreiner University BSN Student Handbook are followed.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Arrives on time and well prepared to the classroom and/or clinical setting to meet students
- Treats students in a fair and objective manner.
- Provides guidance in applying theory to clinical practice.
- Seeks opportunities for students to learn and practice skills
- Emphasizes major ideas or skills to be learned
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of clinical skills
- Stimulates initiative and creativity in the student
- Holds Pre or Post clinical conferences on a weekly basis
- Uses weekly evaluative criteria as published in the course syllabus, BSN Student Handbook and BSN Faculty Handbook
- Collects reviews and analyses weekly clinical paperwork and returns paperwork to the student on a weekly basis
- Initiates and collects the student’s weekly clinical sign in sheet and turns in to the BSN Director’s office on a weekly basis
- Motivates students to do their best work
- Provides written and verbal feedback on care plans on a weekly basis
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the students’ feelings and situations
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Remains available to answer questions and provide guidance
- Immediately removes a student from the clinical setting who poses a threat to the safety and welfare of patients or others
- Immediately removes a student from the clinical setting who appears to be chemically or psychologically impaired
- Serves as a liaison between the students and the clinical setting
- Immediately reports unsafe or unethical conditions/situations to the Director
- Follows HIPAA guidelinesParticipates in student orientation, the BSN Student Dedication Ceremony, BSN Student Pinning Ceremony and SU graduation
- Maintains up-to-date immunizations, American Heart Association CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers, and other requirements which may be requested by individual clinical sites
- Maintains clinical proficiency by means of one paid or volunteer day per month working as a Registered Nurse
- Turns in required or requested paperwork in a timely manner
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- MSN and an unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required, focus in nursing education is preferred
- Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education and excellence in teaching
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a broad understanding of the field of nursing, a commitment to nurturing students in a small student-centered undergraduate program, and advancing the nursing profession through the holistic educational preparation of nursing students to develop and produce quality graduates
- Ability to work closely and cohesively with colleagues is critical
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
For questions, please contact Jeane Marwedel of Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page