Posting date: 05.14.2013
CLINICAL EDUCATION CENTER COORDINATOR, BSN PROGRAM
SUMMARY OF REPONSIBILITES
BSN Clinical Education Center Coordinator is responsible for hands-on teaching of clinical skills in Clinical Education Center (CEC) for Junior and Senior BSN students. Organizes student orientations and other student learning activities. Includes coordinating with BSN Course Coordinators for skills to be taught and incorporating medium- and high-fidelity simulation into teaching plan, for scheduled CEC days (Junior and Senior students), as well as tutoring sessions. Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies for the CEC. Also acts as coordinator for hospital clinical sites, including student orientations, scheduled rotations, facilitator to sites for student documentation. Functions as on-campus academic advisor to students. Remains in close contact with the Director of Nursing and provides assistance as required.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Arrives on time to the classroom and/or clinical setting to meet students.
- Treats students in a fair and objective manner.
- Provides guidance in applying theory to clinical practice.
- Seeks opportunities for students to learn and practice skills.
- Arrives well prepared for the Clinical Education Center teaching experience.
- Emphasizes major ideas or skills to be learned.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of clinical skills.
- Stimulates initiative and creativity in the student.
- Uses weekly evaluative criteria as published in the course syllabus, BSN Student Handbook and BSN Faculty Handbook.
- Motivates students to do their best work.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the students’ feelings and situations.
- Remains available to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Immediately removes a student from the CEC setting who poses a threat to the safety and welfare of patients.
- Immediately removes a student from the CEC setting who appears to be chemically or psychologically impaired.
- Serves as a liaison between the BSN program and various community settings/entities as well as clinical sites.
- Immediately reports unsafe or unethical conditions/situations to the Director.
- Follows HIPPA and FERPA guidelines.
- Initiates and collects the student’s weekly clinical sign in sheet for CEC sessions and turns in to the BSN Director’s office on a weekly basis.
- Participates in student orientation, the BSN Student Dedication Ceremony, BSN Student Pinning Ceremony and SU graduation.
- Maintains up to date immunizations, American Heart Association CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers, and other requirements which may be requested by individual clinical sites, if applicable.
- Maintains clinical proficiency by means of one paid or volunteer day per month working as a Registered Nurse.
- Turns in required or requested paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must be able to physically perform CPR and demonstrate and teach a wide variety of assigned clinical skills to students.
- Schedules and promotes extra tutoring sessions for student practice.
- Maintains a log of student activities and performance in the CEC for reference to clinical instructors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- BSN minimum
- Preference given to those with experience in teaching and/or simulation
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
For questions, please contact Jeane Marwdel of Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page