Posting date 12.07.12
Coordinator of the Western Art Academy
Will teach three courses in the fall and spring semesters and serve as the on-site coordinator of the Western Art Academy over the summer. Advisor to students, provide service to the university and community, participate in scholarly/creative performance, and participate in professional activities.
- Serve as the director of the WAA, including the coordination of plans and operations for the WAA;
- Work within the confines of the WAA operating budget as established by the University;
- Serve as liaison between WAA, rodeos, and other associations;
- Work to expand the WAA experience to other groups and individuals;
- Coordinate promotion of the WAA in conjunction with Schreiner University;
- Promote the value of an accredited college program to applicants;
- Coordinate the application and interview processes for incoming students, including participation in the portfolio review;
- Raise the profile of the Western Art Academy throughout the state;
- Recruit and supervise all WAA seasonal workers.
- Teaching Effectiveness – provide current course syllabus, communicate course expectations, maintain knowledge in course content, communicate effectively, motivate students, respond to student needs, accept responsibility for student outcomes, perform self-evaluation, and allow for student evaluation.
- Student Advising – provide appropriate career advising, provide appropriate term-by-term scheduling, and provide time for each advisee assigned.
- General Service to the University – meet contractual obligations and supports the mission of the university by becoming involved with activities both on and off campus.
- Scholarly/Creative Performance and Professional Activity – participate in curriculum development, participate in seminars, conferences, and professional meetings, produce the end result of scholarly research, pursue additional degrees and/or qualifications, and develop and implement funded grants.
Full-time, Exempt staff position
Rate: Based on experience.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page