Posting date 02.14.13 (Updated 04.02.13)
Director of Schreiner Mansion & Community Engagement
Schreiner University invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Schreiner Mansion & Community Engagement. This person will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement a strategic plan for the use of the Schreiner Mansion, along with a comprehensive business plan -- including a projected revenue stream for the facility that would cover operating expenses and generate profit through a programmatic mix of music, book releases, and arts productions, and other public educational, cultural, recreational and entertainment activities.
This person will produce events in-house, books and support events produced by local, regional, and touring clientele. They will also develop and negotiate contract terms, plans and oversee acquisitions, lecture and exhibition schedules, staff, budgets, volunteers and facilities for the Schreiner Mansion, and community engagement initiatives of the university. They will direct or coordinate the conduct of special (usually non-credit) educational, cultural, and recreational services to the community. They will build internal and community relationships that advance Schreiner's mission through community engagement initiatives.
- Oversees conservation and display of permanent and loaned collections;
- Develops and updates long-term strategic plan for venue, product mix, and community engagement;
- Works collaboratively with the Director of the Cailloux Center and Event Services to develop rental revenue for the mansion and coordinate venue scheduling, set-up and catering requirements;
- Schedules and coordinates maintenance, repairs, and custodial services
- Coordinates with the office of development to pursue grants and other external funding sources;
- Works closely with Marketing Department to ensure consistent branding and messaging are developed and implemented to encourage community engagement;
- Develops and produces programs that showcase the Schreiner Mansion, Schreiner University, and adds cultural and entertainment value to the community
- Works with Logan Library's Special Collections librarian to coordinate collection development that can enhance the Library's Hill Country Collection;
- Works with campus and external resources to coordinate and facilitate events and programs at the Schreiner Mansion;
- Develops and manages annual budget for areas of responsibility;
- Manages Schreiner's relationship with area non-profit organizations relative to community engagement; encourages Schreiner employee community engagement and tracks results;
- Maintains safety and security for all exhibitions and programs;
- Works evenings and weekends as necessary to ensure success of events and programs;
- Supervises museum staff, work-study students and volunteers; coordinates with vendors;
- Recruits volunteers and manages the volunteer program;
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs multiple times throughout the work day.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 to 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in non-profit management, sales, marketing, or museum and/or facilities management;
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate job experience required; Master's degree preferred;
- Strong organizational skills required;
- Fundraising experience preferred;
- Program and event marketing experience preferred;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrated supervisory skills;
- Ability to work with and relate to wide range of age groups;
- Working knowledge of technology required to accomplish goals, including Microsoft suite of products;
- Ability to work independently and in a timely manner.
How to apply:
All candidate materials must be submitted as a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB) via email to email@example.com. Please use the email subject line Mansion Director. The file should include:.
Letter of Interest
The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references
For questions, please contact Mary Woods, Director of Human Resource Services, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 830.792.7375.