Posting date 03.13.13
- Maintain primary responsibility for supervision of Resident Assistants (RA), and for one Senior Resident Assistant.
- Ensure that staff members meet the job description and performance standards.
- Assist with and participate in the selection and evaluation of student staff.
- Implement these processes system wide as well as on individual hall level.
- Communicate with RA staff on a weekly basis through staff meetings as well as daily informal contact.
- Ensure that meetings provide a vehicle for two-way information flow and discussion regarding the general atmosphere and condition of the hall community.
- Promote positive value of academic achievement as well as development of responsible community membership.
- Develop and implement processes for effectively handling misconduct, emotional disturbances and other community concerns.
- Coordinate efforts with appropriate Residence Life staff and other campus departments to assure timely resolution.
- Must maintain a properly functioning mobile communications device; be available to faculty, staff, administration, and students at all times including evenings and weekends; the contact number to this mobile device will be distributed to faculty, staff, and administration upon request for university business.
- An optional mobile communications device stipend is currently available.
- Demonstrate a high degree of availability and accessibility to resident students, particularly during evenings and weekends.
- Develop a responsible community in which ownership of the facilities is encouraged among residents, where vandalism, theft, and other forms of physical destruction are discouraged.
- Reports maintenance and custodial concerns electronically in an efficient manner such that needs gain attention and problems are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with plant operations, food service, and security personnel.
- Report maintenance and custodial concerns in an efficient manner such that needs gain attention and problems are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Assist in development of procedures for housing registration, hall assignments, opening and closing the residence halls, and room changes/consolidation.
- Assume primary responsibility for completion of these procedures within respective residence hall.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student, departmental, divisional, and University information and activities when appropriate
- Be a resource for all Residence Life/University constituents: respond to concerns, questions, and other issues from students, parents, University officials, and others in a positive, professional mannger that supports the University, its vision, and mission
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree and/or some college or equivalent experience required.
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel or related field preferred.
- Experience living in a group setting expected.
- Resident Assistant or Student Activities experience preferred.
- Knowledge of student and/or human development strongly desired.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum structure and guidance expected.
- Must have solid problem-solving skills.Willing and able to take initiative.
- Ability to facilitate multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and on-call as required.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE includes stipend, housing, meal plan, reserved parking
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page