Posting date 05.08.13
Administrative Assistant III (3/4 time -30 hours per week; M – F, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm) [internal applicants only]
- Concentrates on performing any and all assigned duties with a focal point of enhancing the strategic focus of the Office of Advancement and Public Affairs and Schreiner University;
- Maintains confidential information with discretion;
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and courtesy in all communications and relationships with constituents, administration, faculty, staff and students;
- Creates and runs basic reports in the Raisers Edge database; as well as, updates address information within database;
- Enters and tracks purchase requisitions in Jenzabar database;
- Provides administrative support by managing calendars, email, project management organization, budget and coordination of events, meetings and projects;
- Assists with travel arrangements and calendar updates for departments;
- Assists with event planning, including but not limited to, maintaining event records in the database, coordinating catering, room scheduling, organizing, and working with outside parties;
- Assists with tracking and monitoring projects and budget expenditures;
- Types correspondence accurately and efficiently;
- Answers telephones quickly and efficiently, relaying messages accurately and promptly and displaying independent judgment skills in handling certain requests.
- Assists with taking official minutes of Advancement and Public Affairs meetings
- Maintains and orders all office supplies;
- Assists with maintaining office equipment (fax machine, copy machines);
- Must be available to work nights and weekends on a periodic basis to assist with events;
- Completes other duties as assigned;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Other duties as assigned by the Director for Advancement Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional office (i.e. higher education, accounting firm, law firm, etc.);
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; college coursework required;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically, Word, Excel and experience in high volume calendar and messaging management using Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in Raiser’s Edge database preferred;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
Rate of Pay - $12.00 to $13.00/hr DOESchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page