Posting date 09.21.17
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Educational Partnerships, the Admission Counselor represents Schreiner University to prospective students, organizations, and businesses to increase visibility and engagement. The successful online and graduate Admission Counselor exhibits high level of customer services skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including phone calls, email campaigns, information sessions, and social media. The Admission Counselor creates and implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students through events, referrals, online and print communications, and outreaches to businesses and organizations. They must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required.
- Create an individual recruitment plan (using suggested recruitment template) for each semester as well as participate in the creation of a team recruitment plan. The plan includes recruitment activities, participation in events/conferences/fairs, communications with prospective students and networking opportunities.
- Possess extensive job knowledge in college admission related work and understands the role it plays in serving the institutional mission.
- Ability to work on a registration deadline, strive towards college-wide enrollment goals and use outstanding customer service to recruit students to the College’s programs.
- Communicate effectively with enrollment staff and assist with office planning and problem solving.
- Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner, providing superior student service.
- Ensures all required documents and processes are completed and funneled through the enrollment system.
- Represent Schreiner University at various recruitment functions.
- Collaborate with our growing alumni network to develop new student/professional networks, garner student referrals. Establish relationships with all stakeholders.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective students through visits, email, written communication, telephone calls and other contact.
- Assume added projects and responsibilities as required by the Director of Educational Partnerships.
- Facilitate communication among employees, students and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques. Keep up-to-date in communications.
- Ability to work independently, and to arrange information sessions, set appointments and promote the College in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately as well as accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Markets on-campus programs and resources to students.
- Overnight travel for approximately eight (8) weeks throughout the year is expected.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Four-year college degree or higher.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Schedule), Internet, Email, or student information system.
- Self-starter with high achiever attitude.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Goal setter.
- Strong desire to "serve" students and parents
- Able and willing to travel.
- Able to create relations and goodwill with university stakeholders
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily activities, exercise necessary follow up, and be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Sales ability to “close”.
- Understanding of relationship and integrated marketing concepts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- High confidentiality level required.
- Use of sound judgment, maturity and responsibility.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.