Posting date 01.13.14
- Ensures the prompt and accurate payment of payables as they become due. Verifies accuracy and existence of stated amounts due. Follows procedures to ensure no duplicate or late payments.
- Executes required procedures consistent with internal controls and financial institution requirements.
- Maintains appropriate payment records and document files.
- Reconciles all accounts payable control accounts monthly to the general ledger.
- Conducts campus-wide training sessions relating to AP policies and procedures.
- Reconciles daily cash from front office.
- Prepares monthly phone allocations.
- Prepares annual state motor fuels tax refund claim report.
- Maintains safe contents inventory and vehicle inventory list.
- Assists with annual financial audit.
- Prepare and mail annual 1099s.
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Conducts fixed asset inventory; facilitates annual verification of departmental fixed assets.
- Maintains fixed assets database and inventory tags to reflect acquisition and disposal of assets.
- Prepares audit schedules related to fixed asset additions/disposals and proposes annual depreciation journal entry.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly interim financial statements and investment roll-forward.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual financial report and adjusting/closing entries.
- Assists AVP/Controller in all treasury functions including cash flow, endowment reporting, and daily bank reconciliations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Maintains highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work in the office.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVP/Controller.
- Contributes to team effort by consistently accomplishing assigned tasks and goals in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts to facilitate good relationships and collaboration between employees, clients, and management through effective and principled interpersonal and professional communications.
- Maintain University safety rules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance major preferred. Minimum of 7 to 10 years accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Strong computer experience and ability to work with complex spreadsheet applications in Excel.
- Ability to grasp complex accounting issues and work in high stress fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use ten-key calculator by touch.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page