Posting date 07.17.14
Assistant Dean of Housing/Judicial Officer
- Hire, supervise and evaluate professional and student staff for Student Activities, Housing, Residence Life, and Judicial Affairs.
- Assign and supervise all housing assignments and changes.
- Oversee campus-wide check-in and check-out processes each semester.
- Coordinate room changes.
- Revise and update housing documents as needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Auxiliary Services regarding facility improvements, renovations, and maintenance issues.
- Work with Auxiliary Services to insure policies and procedures are in place to maintain health and safety requirements
- Provide occupancy, outcomes, programing, and violation reports on a monthly basis.
- Respond to emergency situations in the residential areas.
- Provide support to on-call and on-duty staff at all times.
- Maintain primary responsibility for supervision of Associate Director of Housing, Resident Directors (RD), and secondary supervision for Resident Assistants (RA). Ensure that staff members meet the job expectations and performance standards.
- Create and maintain staff manuals.
- Develop and implement processes for effectively handling misconduct, emotional disturbances and other community concerns.
- Supervise all residential programming to ensure programming requirements are met.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement to ensure appropriate opportunities for student growth and development.
- Co-Advise the Residence Hall Association.
- Chair the Student Food Services Committee.
- Investigate violations of the Student Code of Conduct and Residence Life policies.
- Maintain student judicial files.
- Monitor student sanctions until completion.
- Act as mediator and mentor to prevent student misconduct.
- Develop and revise judicial procedures.
- Coordinate judicial hearings.
- Select student judicial board members.
- Train judicial board members regarding policies governing student conduct and judicial procedures.
- Advise judicial board hearings.
- Work closely with the Chair of the Judicial Board to insure effective administration of the Board.
- Develop, administer, and maintain departmental budget.
- Coordinate policy formation and review. Oversee annual review and revisions of the Student Handbook.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student, departmental, divisional, and University information and activities as appropriate.
- Chair the summer logistics committee.
- Maintain positive working relationship and open communications with Auxiliary Services, Campus Security, and Food Service.
- Facilitate personal and professional development of staff members such that they are effective role models, mentors, and leaders for their residents.
- Serve as a means for students to learn about campus and community resources.
- Attend all Student Affairs meetings and training.
- Be a resource for all Residence Life/University constituents: respond to concerns, questions, and other issues from students, parents, University officials, and others in a positive, professional manner that supports the University, its vision, and mission.
- Perform other special tasks, projects, and duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Contribute to team efforts within Student Services division.
- Provide a monthly report to the Dean of Students.
- Stay informed as to new trends and issues in campus housing and residence life through professional associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum structure and guidance expected.
- Must have solid problem-solving skills.
- Willing and able to take initiative.
- Ability to facilitate multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel. Able to quickly learn other university specific software programs.
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in campus residence life.
- Knowledge of student and/or human development strongly desired.
- Experience living in a group setting expected.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page