Posting date 07.17.14
CHURCH RELATIONS SPECIALIST
- Participates in the responsibility for helping Schreiner University and the Presbyterian Church USA (Synod of the Sun) work together as partners in the mission of higher education.
- Shares with the Vice President for Advancement and Public Affairs (VPAPA) and representatives of the Synod of the Sun the responsibility of acting as liaison officer with the governing bodies of the Presbyterian Church, and revising and monitoring the Covenant between the Synod and the University.
- Develops relationships with presbytery staffs, especially those in Texas.
- Maintains working relationships with Presbyterian Pan American School and the Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services, including the selection of recipients of the PASA scholarship.
- Works closely with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, Campus Minister and the Christian Vocations Intern program.
- Provides leadership and staff support for the Church Relations Council.
- Provides counsel to the President and the Vice President for Advancement regarding ways in which they can carry out their responsibilities in relation to the Church.
- Promotes participation and seeks financial support of churches and individuals in the Presbyterian Heritage Grant and the Pan American Schreiner Agreement.
- Works with the Kerrville Ministerial Alliance and pastors of local churches of non-Presbyterian denominations to recruit Christian students and build relationships for the benefit of our students of those faith traditions.
- Handles other duties as assigned by the President and Vice President for Advancement and Public Affairs.
- Bachelor Degree (preferably MA or MDiv). Ordained status is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Active member of the Presbyterian Church, USA.
- Well organized, systematic thinker and effective listener, able to state beliefs clearly.
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of Schreiner University.
- Active participant in governing bodies of the Presbyterian Church, especially within Synod of the Sun.
- Experienced in a higher education environment, preferably with Presbyterian-related colleges.
- Familiar with the psychology, principles and techniques of major gift solicitation with a particular emphasis on churches and church members.
- Able to work with others in a diverse community, including work with Kerrville Ministerial Alliance.
- Aware of and communicates Schreiner University’s historic relationship to the Presbyterian Church.
- Knowledgeable about stewardship issues.
- Able to travel overnight with some frequency.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
- Loyal team member, undertaking challenges and assignments for welfare of the university and the university community.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page