Posting date 07.12.2017
Student Success Coach
- Knowledge of student development and resources to promote student success.
- Genuinely excited about building professional/Mentor relationships with students who are taking charge of their own education and striving for better opportunities.
- Developed sense of empathy and understanding regarding learning styles.
- Build rapport with the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Center for Digital Learning, the Center for Advising and Career Development, and the Library to integrate academic support services, campus resources, transition into graduate programs and the workforce, and appropriate pedagogical learning experiences (both curricular and co-curricular) into CQL.
- Provide assistance to the CQL Coordinator in the assessment of core student learning outcomes.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of the students.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Help promote and establish diversity as a core value for Schreiner University.
- Partner with University Relations to develop internal and external promotional materials.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct workshops, and trainings as needed.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for the HSI-STEM grant reports.
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Maintain University safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Required: Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to Schreiner University programs of study.
- Some teaching experience required; advising and prior experience in post-secondary education preferred.
- Successful project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, computer database, writing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Background in student development theory and practice preferred.
- Prefer candidate with experience in success coaching/mentoring, advising, curriculum development, and optimization and integration of University resources.