Posting date 07.22.13
Dance Team Head Coach (Schreiner Stars)
- Know and abide by the rules and policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, and NCAA
- Provide Schreiner Stars members with guidance and motivation = S-P-I-R-I-T
- Recruit team members
- Conduct try-outs, and oversee/choreograph half-time programs. Provide hands-on demonstration of sport/choreography
- Plan and conduct team practices; prepare programs for students regarding personal physical fitness.
- Oversee scheduling of events in which Schreiner Stars will participate. Emphasis will be on performance at all Women’s and Men’s Basketball games that occur during the academic calendar.
- Ensure safety of participants as specified by the Athletic Trainers and the Director of Athletics.
- Monitor and encourage the academic progress of team members.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of uniforms and equipment.
- All budget work will be handled through the Director of Athletics/Administrative Assistant.
- Work with Administrative Assistant and/or Director of Athletics for approval in making decisions regarding uniform, supplies and eqipment needs; and conducting fundraising activities.
- Maintain safety.
- Facilitate good communication.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
After standard business hours work required during season and post season play.
90% walking or standing during season and practice
80% of time at desk during off season
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong desire to coach the Dance team to succeed
- Some education/previous experience in field of dance
- Proficiency in scheduling practice and events
- Knowledge in preparation of budgets
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, and NCAA
Season: November - March/$1000.00 for the seasonSchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page