Posting date 01.09.14
Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Provide vision and leadership for faculty development and academic support services at SU to advance the achievement of university learning goals, the University Strategic Plan, and the University’s Title V grant goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Coordinator of Academic Services to expand the functions of the Center for Teaching and Learning and to market the CTL as an innovative service center for all faculty and students.
- Collaborate with academic units, faculty leadership and committees, and individual faculty in the design and planning of curricula, courses, learning environments, and experiential learning, in faculty development programming.
- Promote multicultural teaching and the infusion of diversity into the curriculum/ classroom.
- Collaborate with the Director of Instructional Technology, the Center for Digital Learning, campus instructional designers, and campus leadership on vision and planning for emerging teaching and learning technologies and e-platforms.
- Stay abreast of literature on teaching and learning and network with national groups and individuals, lead campus collaborations in the scholarship of teaching and learning and consult with campus partners regarding grant funding for faculty and curriculum development.
Program Design and Delivery
- Design and conduct faculty development programs including faculty learning communities, workshops and seminars.
- Collaborate with academic and student support services leadership (in tutoring, mentoring and other peer education and student success programs) to develop curriculum and programs that align with student learning outcomes and departmental strategic initiatives.
Administration and Management
- Manage all day to day operations in the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Lead assessment of CTL programs; complete assessment cycle as directed by campus IE
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- PhD preferred, Master's Degree required
- Minimum of four years’ experience teaching and instructing with demonstrated leadership experience related to the duties of the position
- Prefer experience in a teaching and learning center leadership role
- Experience with faculty development and with contemporary ways of working with college faculty including active learning, collaborative learning, inquiry-based learning, feedback strategies, dialogues on teaching, and using technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Accomplished teaching in higher education
- Deep knowledge of the theories of learning and curricular design, innovative teaching approaches, and high-impact practices (e.g., collaborative learning, service learning, problem-based learning, writing to learn) and the influence of environmental factors on teaching and learning
- Knowledge of use, implementation, and best practices for instructional technologies
- Experience in developing learning and program assessment strategies
- Track record of fostering collaboration and lasting partnerships
- Demonstrated appreciation and advocacy for diversity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Rate: DOESchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page