Posting date 11.20.17
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The digital marketing specialist is responsible for designing, creating, and delivering marketing and visual communication content to support the mission and programs of Schreiner University. The individual in this position will work with multiple departments across campus to facilitate communication initiatives and elevate Schreiner visibility across internal and external audiences.
- Write, manage, develop and execute compelling and engaging content across multiple mediums including social media, website, print publications and other platforms.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to develop content for digital marketing campaigns and ensure content is delivered across appropriate media channels.
- Provide versatile design skills to various mediums, including social media, website, publications, and video.
- Identify and evaluate new digital technologies and uses analytics tools to measure traffic to better optimize digital marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and general analytics.
- Assist, as needed, in scheduling, tracking, and prioritizing communication projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications or visual design.
- Two years hands-on experience with video, photography and graphic design tools and proven success in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Two years professional experience using social media to achieve maximum reach and engagement.
- Two years professional experience using project management systems and Microsoft Office and Adobe CC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of branding guidelines and communication policies. Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing priorities within a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with faculty, students and administrators requiring intensive concentration and excellent listening skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize well and focus on completion of tasks and objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team with strong problem solving skills and the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
- Five or more years of experience in marketing communications, digital content production, or a related field.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, with experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Expert in graphic design and Adobe CC.
- Video production and web design experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with social and digital analytics.
- Experience in Higher Education.