Posting date 01.09.14
Director of Institutional Research/Analysis
- Initiates and performs research and policy analysis relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
- Provides relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information to university administrators and the university community at large.
- Works cooperatively with various university constituencies to optimize the quality, availability, and flow of relevant data and information throughout the university; provides leadership in the development and maintenance of accessible, relational databases which can be used at all levels university-wide.
- Assists the institution in identifying and understanding emerging internal and external issues and significant environmental changes, constituting both opportunities and challenges to the university, supports and integrates university planning efforts at all levels with institutional research, policy analysis, and outcomes assessments.
- Recommends and participates in the development of University policies and procedures; may serve on University planning and policy-making committees.
- Facilitates the integration of processes and findings into institutional planning and decision-making.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Grow and develop capacity of department.
- Familiar with the Delaware Survey.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree required in an appropriate field; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; experience with accreditation and higher education federal reporting requirements desired.
- Uses independent judgment to manage data, draw conclusions, impart information, and make recommendations to a range of clientele.
- Ability to interpret data and articulate their significance for institutional planning and decision-making.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Evidence of strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of an independent college or university.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Understanding of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, verifying, and manipulating research data.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods; familiarity with Jenzabar EX, Infomaker, and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to develop and/or recommend technology needs for collection of data.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Ability to analyze operational data requirements and to create and develop databases specific to requirements.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
Rate: DOESchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page