Posting date: 06.28.2013
DIRECTOR OF RESIDENCE LIFE AND JUDICIAL AFFAIRS
- Assigns and supervise all housing assignments and changes.
- Oversees campus-wide check-in and check-out processes each semester.
- Coordinates room changes.
- Revises and updates housing documents as needed.
- Collaborates with Director of Auxiliary Services regarding facility improvements, renovations, and maintenance issues.
- Works with Auxiliary Services to insure policies and procedures are in place to maintain health and safety requirements
- Provides occupancy, outcomes, programing, and violation reports on a monthly basis.
- Responds to emergency situations in the residential areas.
- Provides support to on-call and on-duty staff at all times.
- Maintains primary responsibility for supervision of Associate Director of Housing, Resident Directors (RD), and secondary supervision for Resident Assistants (RA). Ensure that staff members meet the job expectations and performance standards.
- Creates and maintains staff manuals.
- Develops and implements processes for effectively handling misconduct, emotional disturbances and other community concerns.
- Supervises all residential programming to ensure programming requirements are met.
- Works collaboratively with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement to ensure appropriate opportunities for student growth and development.
- Co-Advises the Residence Hall Association.
- Chairs the Student Food Services Committee.
- Investigates violations of the Student Code of Conduct and Residence Life policies.
- Maintains student judicial files.
- Monitors student sanctions until completion.
- Acts as mediator and mentor to prevent student misconduct.
- Develops and revise judicial procedures.
- Coordinates judicial hearings.
- Selects student judicial board members.
- Trains judicial board members regarding policies governing student conduct and judicial procedures.
- Advises judicial board hearings.
- Works closely with the Chair of the Judicial Board to insure effective administration of the Board
- Develops, administers, and maintains departmental budget.
- Coordinates policy formation and review. Oversees annual review and revisions of the Student Handbook.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality regarding student, departmental, divisional, and University information and activities as appropriate.
- Chairs the summer logistics committee.
- Maintains positive working relationship and open communications with Auxiliary Services, Campus Security, and Food Service.
- Facilitates personal and professional development of staff members such that they are effective role models, mentors, and leaders for their residents.
- Serves as a means for students to learn about campus and community resources.
- Attends all Student Affairs meetings and training.
- Serves as a resource for all Residence Life/University constituents: responds to concerns, questions, and other issues from students, parents, University officials, and others in a positive, professional manner that supports the University, its vision, and mission.
- Performs other special tasks, projects, and duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Contributes to team efforts within Student Services division.
- Provides a monthly report to the Dean of Students.
- Stays informed as to new trends and issues in campus housing and residence life through professional associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel or related field preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum structure and guidance expected.
- Must have solid problem-solving skills.
- Willing and able to take initiative.
- Ability to facilitate multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel. Able to quickly learn other university specific software programs.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in campus residence life.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
For questions, please contact Jeane Marwedel of Human Resource Services, by email email@example.com or by phone at 830.792.7435.
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.