Posting date: 09.29.17
Gift Processing and Data Entry Specialist
The position is responsible for performing a variety of complex duties associated with the gift management cycle. Responsibilities include day-to-day gift recording and legally receipting charitable contributions to the University, in accordance with donor intent, University policies, and adhering to the IRS rules and regulations governing contributions and the Council for Advancement and Support for Education (CASE) gift management guidelines. This person is also responsible for maintaining donor and former student records and ensuring the accuracy of donor and gift information entered into The Raiser’s Edge database. This position provides backup to the Report Specialist. Work is performed independently and requires the employee to be able to schedule and set priorities. This position is responsible for responding to queries from senior level staff, donors, alumnae, businesses, and trustees.
- Performs a variety of complex duties associated with highly confidential gift processing functions. Provides answers to questions put forth by donors and senior level staff, the Business Office, University auditors and the Office of Advancement.
- Receives and processes gifts in the form of pledges, cash, checks, credit cards, online gifts and recurring gifts.
- Processes more complex transactions, including stock transactions, matching gift transactions, in-kind gifts, and payroll deductions.
- Analyzes all gifts and accompanying documentation to determine the proper gift allocation.
- Researches missing information or requests clarification and forwards any misdirected monies to appropriate persons. Corresponds directly with donors or fundraisers for clarification about gift allocation.
- Generates tax receipts and ensures they are mailed within the expected 24 hour turn- around time, and in accordance with donor intent, and adhering to the IRS rules and regulations governing contributions and the Council for Advancement and Support for Education (CASE) gift management guidelines.
- Processes Phonathon returns including pledges and gifts. Works with the development in the proper collection of data entry required to record Phonathon pledges.
- Prepares and disseminates batch reports to the Business Office, Office of the President, Chancellor’s Office and Advancement Office.
- Coordinates monthly payroll deductions with the Human Resources department.
- Runs reports to determine outstanding pledges. Creates and sends all pledge reminders directly to donors. Conducts pledge write-offs as requested by development staff and maintains file of such requests.
- Processes and notifies family members of gifts given in honor or/in memory of someone.
- Manages the creation of new fund designations within Raiser’s Edge by working with the Development staff in meeting proper documentation and requirements, and working with the Business Office to establish the corresponding general ledger account. Sets up new funds in line with the Business Office coding system. .
- Sets up new constituent codes and solicit codes in database.
Gift and Record Management
- Maintains auditable records for charitable donations, pledges and payments received by the University, ensuring that they adhere to the regulations set forth by University, CASE and IRS standards.
- Ensures that copies of gift documentation are filed in The Raiser’s Edge database and paper file.
- Maintains documentation of all posted gifts, filed in chronological batches.
- Maintains system of matching gift company documentation. Ensures that matching gift forms are completed and returned to the matching gift employer with the confirmation of gift amount. Tracks and follows up on un-matched but expected contributions.
- Maintains planned giving documentation in The Raiser’s Edge database and paper files.
- Maintains a tickler file for recurring credit card gifts requested by donors.
- Provides required gift documentation to auditors during the annual financial audit.
- Creates, updates and maintains biographical data in RE of constituents (alumnae, businesses, donors, foundations, parents and students) and populates all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Identifies and scan photos, paper files and/or paper documents that require transition to electronic record into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Imports graduate, parent and other information into The Raiser’s Edge database.
- Researches and validates information by using internal and external resources: the Jenzabar database, Schreiner University library and/or internet or web-based databases.
- Maintains integrity of the RE database by following the Advancement Services database maintenance and clean-up schedule. Updates database records based on report findings.
- Maintains diplomatic, confidential, helpful, friendly, and professional relationships with constituents, administration, faculty, staff, and students by providing good customer service via phone calls, email correspondence and during meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all gifts and other office assignm
- Assists the Director of Advancement Services and the Vice President for Advancement with special events and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the following: Schreiner University, the division of advancement and public affairs and the department of advancement services.
- Assist the report specialist as needed.
- Assist as back-up administrative support to the division of advancement as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows based software, preferably with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, business communications and office procedures.
- Three years relevant database experience not limited to The Raiser’s Edge database.
- Ability to work from a variety of data sources, included spreadsheets, printed document and handwritten materials.
- Must be able to use proper business English and protocol in dealing with staff, faculty, donors and the public and must assure discreet and confidential handling of all donor records.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions as required in the absence of the Director of Advancement Services.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to perform timely and accurate data entry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize work load and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.