Posting date: 06.07.2013
Gift Processing Coordinator
SUMMARY OF REPONSIBILITES
The gift processing coordinator is responsible but not limited to: the entry and processing of receipts for all records relating to donor gifts; data input into the donor record system, and the maintenance of constituent records and the integrity of the database.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned:
- All functions of this position support the mission of the university and of the Department of Advancement and Public Affairs.
- Maintains database integrity; including but not limited to: creates, researches, maintains and updates biographical information of donors, students, alumni, parents and foundations.
- Processes gifts and/or pledges made to the university in Raiser’s Edge database. Verifies all pertinent information given with gifts and make necessary record changes in the database. (Daily)
- Processes matching gifts. (when required)
- Prepares gift deposits for submission to Financial Services. (daily)
- Produces and distributes reports (i.e. weekly funds report, account distribution report, batch commit report, etc.)
- Sets up new funds as needed in database.
- Composes gift memos for Financial Services and other departments. (When required by the gift and/or donor)
- Generates pledge reminders for the development office. (monthly)
- Produces memorial and tribute cards. (When required by a gift and/or donor)
- Enters new graduates and parents in Raiser’s Edge database. (2 times a year)
- Changes the status of parents of graduates to former parents. (2 times a year)
- Assists with social events planned and executed by Advancement and Public Affairs as needed.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters in the Advancement and Public Affairs. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work in the office.
- Maintains diplomatic, helpful, friendly, and professional relationships with constituents, administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associate degree or college level coursework preferred; or 2-3 years of work experience in a related field with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows-based software, preferably with Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in the receiving, researching, processing, and acknowledgment of all private gifts, including cash, credit cards, bank drafts, payroll deductions, securities, real property, and planned gifts.
- Possess strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize work load and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exerts initiative to be proactive and have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Rate: $11.00-$12.00/hrSchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Schreiner University is a private university committed to liberal learning and professional preparation that has witnessed steady growth in its student enrollment and facilities over the past several years. Affiliated by choice and covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA), Schreiner University is the premier institution of higher education in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Increasingly known for its programs in the Life Sciences, Visual Arts, and Integrity Ambassadors in Business program, as well as its commitment to integrative and interdisciplinary learning, this ambitious institution seeks faculty who can enhance the educational experience we offer to undergraduate and graduate students.Return to Job Postings main page