Posting date 7.27.15
Administrative Officer- Marketing
• Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Vice President for Marketing that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole. Compose and prepare correspondence and reports, word processing, proofread documents, and manage incoming calls, emails and mail.
• Provide sophisticated calendar management for Vice President for Marketing and Marketing Directors. Prioritize inquires and requests, manage calendars and projects while troubleshooting conflict with little guidance; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings for Vice President, including but not limited to, arrange AV setup, schedule appointments, coordinate catering, book rooms/space and work with outside parties.
• Monitor and track the Marketing budget for Vice President.
• Prepare and enter purchase requisitions, check requests and expense vouchers.
• Assist with deployment and ongoing management of the division’s project management system.
• Process hometown press releases by formatting and uploading data from excel and submitting data to external news distribution vendor.
• Make travel arrangements as needed.
• Maintain office files and electronic documents.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and courtesy in all communications and relationships with constituents, administration, faculty, staff and students.
• Resolve routine questions and problems for division.
• Take official minutes during marketing meetings as needed.
• Train new marketing employees on office machines, telephones and computers as needed.
• Maintaining office equipment (fax machine, copy machines).
• Maintain confidential information with discretion.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintain University safety rules.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• High school diploma required.
• Some college required; college degree desirable.
• 5+ years of pertinent administrative experience working in a professional office (i.e. higher education, accounting firm, law firm, etc.)
• Knowledge and strong computer skills in database software, Microsoft Office, specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook for preparing word processing documents and spreadsheets, mail merging information, handling high volume project management, calendar management and message management.
• Knowledge and ability to apply correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation during verbal and written communication.
• Experience with database and project management software.
• Experience with bookkeeping.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios to practical situations.
• Ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to be enthusiastic and customer service oriented. Must be able to relate to people in a courteous and professional manner.
• Familiarity and experience with general office equipment and procedures.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page