Posting date 1.30.15
Groundskeeper I / Utility Crew
- Maintains the appearance of grounds.
- Mows and trims grass. Trims, waters, removes and plants trees and shrubs.
- Controls the advent of ant beds.
- Cares for lawns, shrubbery, trees and flowerbeds using standard tools and equipment.
- Drive trucks and hauls materials, supplies, dirt and/or office furniture.
- Work special events, i.e. parking, loading, etc. – may include weekends and overtime.
- Maintain and care for grounds keeping tools, supplies and ground equipment.
- Perform various gardening activities.
- Work under close supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- May assist in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, auto repair and maintenance.
- May perform vehicle oil changes, lubes, inspections, cleaning and washing.
- Must be able to perform on call duties.
- May repair, stripe, and/or perform preventative maintenance on parking lots, roads and sidewalks within the grounds.
- May perform custodial work, assisting in cleaning buildings and moving furniture.
- Perform related work as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of high school is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Experience in grounds keeping and maintenance work.
- Required to possess a valid Class C Drivers License issued by the State of Texas, and proof of insurance.
- Ability to perform on call duties.
- Knowledge of the planting and care of trees, shrubbery, flowers, and grass.
- Skill in the use of grounds keeping hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of motorized and gas operated equipment such as tractors, mowers, edgers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, self-propelled sweeper/vacuums, and paint striping machines.
- Skill in the repair and maintenance of parking lots.
- Ability to maintain and care for hand and power tools and equipment used in grounds keeping and gardening.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and carry 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, bend climb and lift 50 pounds plus.
- Must be able to work overtime, some evenings, nights and weekends.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page