Posting date 08.14.13
Groundskeeper I/Utility Crew
- Drive trucks and hauls materials, supplies, dirt and/or office furniture.
- Work special events, i.e. parking, loading, etc. – may include weekends and overtime.
- Maintain and care for grounds keeping tools, supplies and ground equipment.
- Perform various gardening activities.
- Work under close supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- May assist in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, auto repair and maintenance.
- May perform vehicle oil changes, lubes, inspections, cleaning and washing.
- Must be able to perform on call duties.
- May repair, stripe, and/or perform preventative maintenance on parking lots, roads and sidewalks within the grounds.
- May perform custodial work, assisting in cleaning buildings and moving furniture.
- Perform related work as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of high school is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Experience in grounds keeping and maintenance work.
- Required to possess a valid Class C Drivers License issued by the State of Texas, and proof of insurance.
- Ability to perform on call duties.
- Knowledge of the planting and care of trees, shrubbery, flowers, and grass.
- Skill in the use of grounds keeping hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of motorized and gas operated equipment such as tractors, mowers, edgers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, self-propelled sweeper/vacuums, and paint striping machines.
- Skill in the repair and maintenance of parking lots.
- Ability to maintain and care for hand and power tools and equipment used in grounds keeping and gardening.
Temporary full-time with opportunity to become regular full-time employee
Nonexempt staff position
Hourly rate $9.50
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page