Posting date 09.30.13
Human Resource Generalist
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters relative to job performance.
- Coordinates and manages full-cycle recruiting process for faculty and staff.
- Responsible for on-boarding process by preparing new hire orientation packets, personnel files, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Answers inquiries from employees and leadership; communicates various university policies, procedures, employment law, and initiatives to leadership and employees.
- Assists managers and employees on problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Schedules and supervises department work-study students. Backs-up work-study students regarding ID cards and vehicle registration.
- Compiles and maintains data for various HR-related functions; runs reports on scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Follows department protocol regarding the proper handling of WC claims; performs intake and reporting of Worker’s Comp injuries and FMLA.
- Coordinates the employee performance evaluation process.
- Participates in planning and facilitation of employee meetings, training or special events; schedules rooms and equipment, arranges for catering as needed. Administers on-line training website.
- Assists with employee relations and benefits administration.
- Maintains personnel files and proper/legal archival history in accordance with records retention policy.
- Maintains HR procedures documentation and HR calendar.
- Maintains assigned web pages.
- Provides back-up for accurate and timely processing of all benefits enrollment and other employee changes; enters changes into payroll and other systems.
- Facilitates procurement for the department.
- Assists Director and HR staff with various HR-related projects.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department goals, objectives, strategies, and systems.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures, forms, etc. designed to increase and/or expedite HR procedures; recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in team meetings including brainstorming, process mapping, and status updates.
- Participates in other University teams and strategic initiatives to foster collaboration and enhance communication within the University.
- Performs other duties consistent with the tasks of this position or as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be results-oriented and solutions driven; resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy; ability to handle all situations with diplomacy, tact, and the highest level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; some college required
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct job-related experience required including recruiting, employee relations, and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding employment practices required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to anticipate needs; strong interpersonal, written and communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with all departments at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail required. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently, accurately and meet deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, to identify and change priorities quickly with professionalism and ease.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Ability to compose correspondence and produce reports accurately and timely.
- Familiarity with web page content management, Jenzabar, MS Access, MS Publisher helpful.
- Must present professional appearance in grooming and dress.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page