Posting date 07.16.13
Director of Human Resource Services
- Design and administer recruitment and selection program to hire and retain qualified candidates who will contribute to the organization’s mission and goals. Program may include policies and procedures, career development opportunities, recruitment methods and sources, etc. Recruitment includes position control, monitoring turnover and succession planning.
- Oversee development and monitoring of the human resources division budget.
- Develop, maintain, and interpret relevant HR policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and ensure legal compliance throughout University.
- Ensure University HR-related practices and policies comply with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to EEO, FLSA, etc.
- Provide expertise to managers regarding employee relations issues. Provide counsel to involved parties and act as liaison/mediator as appropriate.
- Supervise HR staff.
- Implement, and administer benefits programs. Continually monitor and maintain equity with current benefit trends, programs, and legislation; recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Administer compensation program, including classified position structure, annual salary planning process, annual market salary review, and completion of surveys including but not limited to CUPA-HR, AAUP, IPEDS and Werling survey.
- Plan, develop, and implement campus training and professional development programs that meet needs of campus staff and faculty, and maintain certifications and records of completions.
- Develop and administer staff evaluation processes.
- Design, implement and administer employee recognition programs (such as quarterly PAT award and Staff Appreciation awards).
- Productively participate either as a member or as staff on University committees, as appropriate.
- Administer workers' compensation program, including monitoring claims, developing and administering loss prevention and rehabilitation management and monitoring programs, maintaining files, and providing support for defending claims. Maintain OSHA required forms and display of forms. Coordinate activities related to investigating and processing claims among University departments, insurance administrators, physicians, and employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or a combination of relevant education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven years of HR generalist experience, including at least three years in supervisory/management role.
- Professional of Human Resource Certification (PHR) or SPHR preferred.
- Knowledge of higher education organizations and associated expectations. Experience in managing HR functions in higher education environment preferred.
- Significant knowledge of HR practices, laws and regulations; ability to research and audit for legal compliance in all areas of HR.
- Proven ability to effectively manage progressive discipline processes including, but not limited to, separations from employment.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflicts involving individuals at all organizational levels; mediation experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to accomplish all tasks independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to effectively function at strategic HR decision-making level and hands-on task completion level.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of HRIS/Payroll systems.
How to apply: All candidate materials must be submitted in PDF format via email to email@example.com. Ideally, materials should be submitted in a single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). The file should include:
- Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- The names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references
For questions, please contact Debbie Scott, Administrative Assistant to the VP of Administration and Finance, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 830.792.7355.
Tom Murray Building
Administration and Finance
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028