Posting date 11.08.13
- Manage inventory control. Supervise Warehouse Clerk; forwards monthly report to the business office for month-end closeout.
- May supervise clerical work study student.
- Assist with maintenance of campus lock inventory and software.
- Maintain campus and facility records for Facilities Services department.
- Answers telephones, base station with 15 radios and processes emails.
- Greets visitors to the Facilities Services building.
- Types all correspondence.
- Processes and distributes internal and external mail for the department.
- Responsible for $500.00 Petty Cash.
- Proficient in Excel, Jenzabar and Outlook. Has knowledge of Office 2003, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Purchases and maintains supplies for office, equipment and break room. Responsible for copier, fax machine and any other office equipment.
- Administers time system and distributes paychecks.
- Maintains manual general ledger on a daily basis and reconciles each month with the business office. This includes tracking expenses for individual budgets associated with the Facilities Services department (dorms, apartments, kitchens, grounds, construction, etc.). Sends a report to the Director weekly.
- Responsible for Purchase Order Numbers and check requests; ensures timely handling to be sure that bills are paid on time and discounts are taken where applicable.
- Work Orders – Assigns work orders to proper person(s). Tracks and bills costs to departments as appropriate. Tracks time to completion for each work order; provides reports to Director of Facilities Services.
- Plans and organizes any special activities such as: Birthdays, Christmas, etc.
- Schedules all transportation requests. Prepares statements and sends to each department and the business office for month-end close.
- Orders, tracks, analyze and reports fuel usage. Forwards report to the business office for month-end close.
- Maintains employee bulletin board in an up-to-date manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities Services.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters in the Facilities Services Office and does not discuss any information obtained through work in a campus office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent. Some University is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Prior experience working in a professional office environment.
- Ability to accomplish tasks independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Familiarity and experience with general office equipment - telephones, computer system, Internet, facsimile machine, calculator, typewriter and copier.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute using MS Word. Must be experienced in Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of file development and maintenance.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to compose correspondence and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work as a team member toward the common goal of the University.
- Provide excellent customer service to all.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page