Security Officer (Part Time)
- Report for duty, on time, ready for work with equipment and uniform in good, clean, working condition.
- Work a full shift as assigned and as much more time as necessary to satisfactorily complete a task.
- Carry out all lawful orders and instructions promptly.
- Utilize as much of the working day as possible on routine patrol at the times and places accidents of crimes are most likely to occur. Answer all questions asked (or make proper referrals) about police or public safety activities in a courteous manner.
- Conduct a general patrolling of the campus, giving special attention to people that speed and illegally park their vehicles.
- Manually direct traffic when hazards of congestion make such action necessary, make and enforce emergency regulations.
- While on patrol, look for road and vehicle defects that may cause an accident or traffic delay and take immediate action to remove the hazard or remedy the defect.
- While on patrol, stop all traffic law violators detected.
- Ticket those violators stopped who should be ticketed and warn those who should be warned.
- File charges only after establishing, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the subject committed the alleged act and the sufficient, competent, admissible evidence can be produced to support a conviction.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner, conduct self in a professional way and accept the office as a public trust.
- Secure and retain support for Law Enforcement and the department from local officials, civic leaders and law-abiding citizens in the area.
- Patrols an assigned area, usually by vehicle, to prevent crimes ad enforce laws and ordinances.
- Responds to emergency calls, routine complaints, disturbances and takes action as necessary.
- Conducts security checks of business and residential areas on patrol route.
- Fosters good campus community relations among students, residents and the faculty on campus.
- Keeps records of activities and makes reports concerning crimes, complaints, accidents, and investigations.
- Shares information and works well with other law enforcement agencies as directed and as appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Refrain from discussing law enforcement maters with non-law enforcement personnel. Maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Security Office.
- Does not discuss in any matter any information obtained through work in the office.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior security experience with general knowledge of security laws and regulations
- Possess the ability to write a complete and legible report. Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs
- Ability to complete a satisfactory background check
- Meet physical requirements of the position to carry out duties
- Successfully pass the Level One exam of the Texas Board of Private Investigators and Securities Act. (Provided by the University)
Rate: $10.00/hrSchreiner University
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page