Posting date 09.26.14
- News and Feature writing - write and disburse press releases, feature stories, PSAs, fact sheets, etc., for external audiences and constituents as assigned. Keep media outlets informed of Schreiner news. Facilitate intra-campus communication whenever possible.
- Write content as assigned for other publication including Inside Schreiner newsletter, SCENE magazine, the Schreiner University Web site, etc.
- Media and community relations - Be aware of the public’s and the media’s perceptions of Schreiner and seek to influence it positively, when possible. Stay informed of faculty and student news and projects.
- Recruitment publications writing – Work in concert with the Asst. Vice President for Marketing, the Dean of Admission, and the graphic designer to create text for Admission Office recruitment publications.
- Photography - take photos as assigned. Help keep current photo files organized.
- Special events - assist with University Advancement events as assigned.
- Communications - act to facilitate good communications between employees, customers and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality - maintain the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Advancement and Public Affairs Office.
- Record keeping - assist in maintaining University Relations project files.
- Other duties - as assigned by University Relations Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years experience in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Strong writing and verbal skills, along with a published portfolio.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Word software.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work well with all types of people.
- Creative and innovative.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page