Posting revised date 1.15.15
Title V Administrative Specialist
- Prepares and maintains appointment calendar, schedules appointments, and arranges meetings and all related materials for the Project Director and Office of Student Success
- Tracks and manages annual budgets, and prepares monthly updates and budget projections; reconciles budgets with Financial Services and Grant Accountant
- Coordinates communication with the Provost’s Office, the President's Office, the President’s Cabinet, the Schreiner University campus, and the general public.
- Serves as recording secretary, keeping all official meeting records, and custodian of records for Title V programs. Also arranges meetings, meals and distribution of materials in advance of all meetings.
- Gathers and compiles information for reports and presentations, often preparing data and official reports.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate, and projects professional image.
- Anticipates needs, initiates action and provides information for the Project Director on a regular basis.
- Assists the Office of the Provost in support of Student Success and grant activities when needed, including but not limited to maintaining and tracking monthly budgets, and maintaining office records regarding faculty, grants and outside associations; coordinating events between the Provost's office and the Office of Student Success.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Extensive skill with Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point; working knowledge of other presentation applications.
- Ability to acquire wide knowledge of the philosophy, goals and organization of Schreiner University.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of grant-related and campus policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of budget planning and development.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of reports including gathering, integrating, compiling and analyzing data from several sources.
- Ability to schedule meetings and prepare agendas.
- Ability to provide support to committees including arranging for meeting rooms, gathering, analyzing required materials and recommending appropriate action.
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with organizational units and Title V stakeholders
- Ability to supervise and/or maintain essential records and files.
- Excellent communication skills.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page