Posting date 12.3.13
Title V Administrative Assistant
- Prepares and maintains appointment calendar, schedules appointments, and arranges meetings and all related materials for the Project Director and Office of Student Success
- Tracks and manages annual budgets, and prepares monthly updates and budget projections; reconciles budgets with Financial Services and Grant Accountant
- Coordinates communication with the Provost’s Office, the President's Office, the President’s Cabinet, the Schreiner University campus, and the general public.
- Serves as recording secretary, keeping all official meeting records, and custodian of records for Title V programs. Also arranges meetings, meals and distribution of materials in advance of all meetings.
- Gathers and compiles information for reports and presentations, often preparing data and official reports.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate, and projects professional image.
- Anticipates needs, initiates action and provides information for the Project Director on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Extensive skill with Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point; working knowledge of other presentation applications
- Ability to acquire wide knowledge of the philosophy, goals and organization of Schreiner University.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of grant-related and campus policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of budget planning and development.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of reports including gathering, integrating, compiling and analyzing data from several sources.
- Ability to schedule meetings and prepare agendas.
- Ability to provide support to committees including arranging for meeting rooms, gathering, analyzing required materials and recommending appropriate action.
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with organizational units and Title V stakeholders
- Ability to supervise and/or maintain essential records and files.
- Excellent communication skills.
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page