Posting date 04.24.2013
Head Women's Basketball Coach - Full Time (internal candidates only)
- Develop a program that will be highly competitive within the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- Ambitiously and successfully recruit academically and athletically motivated student-athletes who will have a positive impact on the program and campus.
- Monitor and promote a highly successful academic atmosphere for student-athletes.
- Develop a culture of excellence where successful student-athletes will thrive and be engaged in the growth of the team and themselves.
- Plan and conduct team practices.
- Prepare game and scrimmage schedules and submit them to the Director of Athletics.
- Be responsible for processing business-related paperwork, such a: requisitions for purchase orders, travel forms, credit card purchases and receipts, travel advances, reimbursements and other business forms.
- Arrange for contest officials.
- Make travel arrangements for road games.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Participate in Athletic Department meetings and SCAC meetings.
- Be responsible for the inventory (purchase, maintenance, and repair) of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Supply information as requested to maintain and update the Schreiner Athletics website.
- Know and abide by the rules and policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, and the NCAA Division III, as well as embracing its philosophies.
- Be responsible for student-athletes conduct on trips.
- Recommend athletes for awards.
- Enhance professional growth by attending clinics and workshops.
- Manage funds by staying within an annual budget, which includes equipment, travel, facility, training or related source needs.
- Supervision Responsibilities - assigned student employees, assistant coach, student assistant coaches, team managers.
- Maintain University Office Safety
- Provide good communications
- Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Prior University coaching experience preferred
- Proficiency in scheduling games, practice and travel
- Proficiency in preparation of budgets
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member
- Ability to travel overnight with basketball team
- Know and abide by policies of Schreiner University, ASC, NCAA
Human Resources Office
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Download or print the employment application
Return to Job Postings main page