Posting date 06.26.2017
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
- Assist in game evaluation with specific responsibilities.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Provide on-the-floor coaching.
- Teach assigned fundamentals and skills during practice and games.
- Supervise specific areas of practice as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in recruiting and game management as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed by Head Coach.
- Maintain professional communication skills with all student athletes.
- Assist with specific needs as directed by Head Coach.
- Follow all NCAA rules and regulations as well as those of the SCAC.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Athletic Director.
- Maintain University Safety - to ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Other safety features for basketball program.
- Communications - Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, students, parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality - maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
- Out of town overnight travel for inter-collegiate athletic contests, meetings, conferences and recruiting efforts using personal vehicle or company vehicle.
- Weekend and holiday work schedule when necessary..
- Occasional overtime work required during season and post season play.
- 75% walking or standing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- High School or University coaching experience
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member
- Ability to travel overnight with baseball team
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC and NCAA
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s licenserelated insurance and good driving record, CDL preferred.