Mountaineer Leadership Conference: Mission
Mission: The mission of the Mountaineer Leadership Conference is to provide a dynamic and interactive forum in which students develop leadership skills through a variety of activities designed to stimulate their interest, increase their knowledge, and encourage their future participation as active members of group and community activities.
Vision: The Mountaineer Leadership Conference is designed to further develop students’ leadership skills by expanding upon their leadership interactions and experiences by involving them in a venue that challenges them to interact, contemplate, question, and reflect on leadership.
- Interact with and learn from peers, relative to leadership experiences and ideals
- Interact with and learn from current leaders of different professions invited to participate within the conference
- Provide opportunities for students to interact with community members both from within and outside of the university
- Expand upon their understanding of different leadership skills and interactions that occur among leaders
- Challenge students through interactions that require them to contemplate and apply leadership skills
- Establish a venue of discussion that challenges students to reflect upon leadership relative to their participation as an active member of society
- Provide a venue that is interactive enriched with leadership learning opportunities that is fun and benedictional to the students’ participation