Learning Support Services - Admission
Because of the extensive individual support given to each student, enrollment in the program must be limited. Applicants are selected on the basis of their intellectual ability, motivation, academic preparation, and potential for success in the program.
Students participating in the LSS program will be charged a fee for the services. Current fee information is available from the Schreiner University Business Office. First consideration is given to those students who complete the application process before February 1 of the year they intend to enroll.
The final deadline to apply is April 1 of the year they intend to enroll.
For a candidate to be considered for admission, the following are required:
1) All secondary school transcripts (transfer students must also supply transcripts of all attempted college work).
2) Documentation from a qualified professional indicating a diagnosis of dyslexia, attention deficit disorder, or specific learning disability in reading, mathematics or written expression.
3) Written report of the results of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-III or IV) including all subtest scores, Verbal and Performance or Index Scores, and Full Scale IQ scores taken within 12 months of application for admission.
4) Current individual achievement test results showing level of proficiency in reading comprehension, word identification, word attack, spelling, writing (written language), math calculation and applied mathematics.
5) A completed application with application fee must be submitted to the Office of Admission. These forms may be obtained from the Office of Admission. Click to Apply
6) ACT or SAT scores - Results of the American College Test or the Scholastic Assessment Test of the College Board must be submitted. Scores from non-standard administration are acceptable. ACT and SAT scores are used for possible scholarships.
7) Personal interviews with the LSS Director and an Admission Counselor. Interviews with the LSS Director will not be scheduled until all documentation is received and if your documentation indicates that you have the potential to be successful. Students who have completed the full admission process will be notified soon after a decision is reached by the LSS Admission Committee.
Admission Phone numbers:
(800) 343-4919 toll-free or (830) 792-7217 local
(830) 792-7226 fax