BSN - NSNA and TSNA
National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) & Texas Student Nurses Association (TSNA)
The National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) was founded in 1952. It is a nonprofit organization for students who are enrolled in associate, baccalaureate, diploma, and generic graduate nursing programs. The NSNA is committed to nurturing the professional development of nursing students.
Membership in the Texas Student Nurses Association (TSNA):
Schreiner University will establish a chapter of the Texas Nursing Students Association following the 10th student who joins NSNA/TSNA.
As a member of TNSA and NSNA you are entitled to may benefits (TNSA, 2011):
· Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
· Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates.
· Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
· Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
· Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
· A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
· Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Membership is open to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Schreiner University. Meetings will be held on the 1st Tuesday of each month in M203 from 12:00 – 12:50 pm.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Lillian Barron, Assistant Professor of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.