Schreiner University is offering local high school students the opportunity to take up to two classes on our campus each semester during their senior year of high school.
Admission Process & Requirements: Students must apply and be accepted at least one day before registration (see application for deadlines). Registration is based on space availability. Students are eligible to take up to two (2) courses each semester. Schreiner University will waive the cost of tuition for up to three (3) credit hours, with the student responsible additional credit hours (if applicable) at a rate of $150 per hour. The student or high school will also be responsible for all required textbooks and fees associated with the class, along with transportation to campus.
In order to be eligible for Co-Enrollment at Schreiner University, a high school senior must meet the following requirements:
- Live in Kerr County or the six counties directly surrounding Kerr County.
- Rank in the upper quarter of their class
- Minimum ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1050 (not including the writing portions)
- Approval from Parents/Guardians (Signature of approval needed on application)
- Approval from High School Guidance Counselor or Principal (Letter of Recommendation required)
- Proof of meningitis vaccination within the past five years
The following paperwork must be submitted before acceptance into Co-Enrollment:
- Co-Enrollment Application, with Parent/Guardian approval signature
- $25 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Official High School Transcripts (homeschool students should submit a notarized transcript with all high school coursework listed)
- Official ACT or SAT score reports
- Recommendation letter from the principal or guidance counselor (letter should attest to the student’s character, activities, and competence to successfully complete college courses)
- Proof of meningitis vaccination.
Upon completion of courses at Schreiner University, a student must submit the final high school transcript, along with request for Schreiner University transcripts, before transcripts will be released.
Ready to APPLY? Download the application today!