Orientation for Transitional Students
Welcome, Future Mountaineer!
Please review the below information and checklists before you begin your registration process.
Transfer/Non-Traditional Student Orientation, July 22nd, 2016
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Your commitment fee must be paid prior to registering for orientation
New Freshman students must establish a payment plan prior to attending their prospective Orientation or make full payment no later than August 1. New Transfer students must make full payment or establish a payment plan by August 1 to retain classes and housing assignments for Fall semester. New Students registering after August 1 must contact Financial Services within the next business day to complete the registration process.
- A $25 orientation fee will be applied to your student account.
- Confirm Financial Aid Package
- Need a monthly payment plan to pay your balance? Schreiner University offers interest-free payment plans that are administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). They can be reached at www.afford.com or 1-800-722-4867.
- Review the checklist below of what to bring to orientation
- Check Four Year Plans for Graduation
- Consider work and other schedule limitations
- Work on a tentative class schedule
- Use a class grid to work out schedule conflicts, etc.
- Have a list of alternative classes
FINANCIAL AID ITEMS TO COMPLETE PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Submit ALL requested documents
- Review Award Letter and Accept/Decline Aid in NetPartner
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling if borrowing Student Loan Funds
- Complete a Promissory Note if borrowing Student Loan Funds
FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFICE ITEMS TO REVIEW PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION:
- Verify account status with The Accounting Services Office
ITEMS TO BRING TO ORIENTATION:
- Completed Health History Form
- Copy of Immunization Records including State-required Meningitis Vaccination
- Valid photo I.D.
- Financial Aid documentation (if applicable)
- License plate number (for your parking permit)
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers are suggested)
- An open mind & lots of questions
HOUSING ITEMS TO COMPLETE PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION
If you are a residential student,
- Housing Application (submit electronically)
- Documented medical proof of meningitis vaccination (submit to Health & Wellness)
If you are a commuter student you will need to complete:
- Commuter Information Form (submit electronically)
For your convenience the following offices are available to serve you during Mountaineer Days:
The Admission & Financial Aid Office will be open 8am–5pm; Saturday 9am-1pm
The Accounting Services Office will be open 9am – 4pm; Saturday 9am-1pm
The University Bookstore will be open Friday 8am - 4:30pm; Saturday 11am-1:30pm
REMINDER: Families are responsible for their own lodging during orientation. Please visit our Visitors Guide or the links below to assist you in finding local hotels and dining options in Kerrville.