Orientation for Transitional Students
Welcome, Future Mountaineer!
Please review the below information and checklists before you begin your registration process.
Spring Orientation, January 19th, 2016
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Your commitment fee must be paid prior to registering for orientation
New Freshman students must establish a payment plan prior to attending their prospective Orientation or make full payment no later than August 1. New Transfer students must make full payment or establish a payment plan by August 1 to retain classes and housing assignments for Fall semester. New Students registering after August 1 must contact Financial Services within the next business day to complete the registration process.
- A $25 orientation fee will be applied to your student account.
- Confirm Financial Aid Package
- Need a monthly payment plan to pay your balance? Schreiner University offers interest-free payment plans that are administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). They can be reached at www.afford.com or 1-800-722-4867.
- Review the checklist below of what to bring to orientation
- Check Four Year Plans for Graduation
- Consider work and other schedule limitations
- Work on a tentative class schedule
- Use a class grid to work out schedule conflicts, etc.
- Have a list of alternative classes
FINANCIAL AID ITEMS TO COMPLETE PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Submit ALL requested documents
- Review Award Letter and Accept/Decline Aid in NetPartner
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling if borrowing Student Loan Funds
- Complete a Promissory Note if borrowing Student Loan Funds
FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFICE ITEMS TO REVIEW PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION:
- Verify account status with The Accounting Services Office
ITEMS TO BRING TO ORIENTATION:
- Completed Health History Form
- Copy of Immunization Records including State-required Meningitis Vaccination
- Valid photo I.D.
- Financial Aid documentation (if applicable)
- License plate number (for your parking permit)
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers are suggested)
- An open mind & lots of questions
HOUSING ITEMS TO COMPLETE PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION
If you are a residential student,
- Housing Application (submit electronically)
- Documented medical proof of meningitis vaccination (submit to Health & Wellness)
If you are a commuter student you will need to complete:
- Commuter Information Form (submit electronically)
For your convenience the following offices are available to serve you during Mountaineer Days:
The Admission & Financial Aid Office will be open 8am–5pm; Saturday 9am-1pm
The Accounting Services Office will be open 9am – 4pm; Saturday 9am-1pm
The University Bookstore will be open Friday 8am - 4:30pm; Saturday 11am-1:30pm
REMINDER: Families are responsible for their own lodging during orientation. Please visit our Visitors Guide or the links below to assist you in finding local hotels and dining options in Kerrville.