Work-Study Job PostingsApplications are currently being accepted for the positions listed below. Students should contact supervisors to arrange interviews for positions they seek. Once students receive a job offer, they must immediately notify the Coordinator of Meaningful Work and attend a mandatory orientation session. They must also complete required paperwork with the Human Resources/Payroll Department. Students are encouraged to take a copy of their application, their resume, financial aid award letter and class schedule to the interview. Check back often for changes on this page and new job postings throughout the semester.
- Office assistant needed with excellent skills or experience in computer software and office facilities such as Word Document, Excel, Calculator, copies, filing, and other duties as assigned. No specific area of study required. Special work hours include Monday - Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, hours are flexible. Supervisor: Joyce Lespreance. Send email to email@example.com to arrange an interview
- Recycling assistant needed. Requirements of position include being able to work outside. Must be able to do some lifting. Cutting down and disposing of recycle materials as well as other duties as assigned. No specific degree required. Work hours Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, hours are flexible. Supervisor: Joyce Lespreance. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
- Campus assessment position. Several positions available to assist with campus-wide facilities inventory. Must be detail oriented, follow directions well, have a mathematical aptitude, and be able to conduct accurate measurements. This job will consist of walking through buildings on campus to conduct and /or confirm room dimensions, equipment, etc. Contact David Reast to arrange an interview: email@example.com.
- Campus Ministry
Office Assistant needed for Campus Ministry Office. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, data entry and social media use ( Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). No specific major or area of study required. The assistant will greet and provide students with information about Campus Ministry, Volunteer Services and Service Learning at the front desk in the Campus Ministry building. Assistant will also help design and disperse flyers/posters and visit campus offices to help publicize Campus Ministry events. This person will also assist in coordinating and programming special events such as campus service activities, socials, and other events. Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (May work some hours after 5:00pm). Contact Rev. Gini Norris-Lane by email at VANorrisLane@schreiner.edu, or call (830) 792-7284 to arrange an interview.
- Human Resource Services
Administrative office assistant needed with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; Microsoft Word and Excel experience required; Duties include filing, copying, answering phones, greeting visitors, issuing parking permits and making ID's; Position requires high level of confidentiality. Business Management or Human Resources major preferred but not required. Shifts include: Tues/Thurs 9:00am-11:00am; Tues/Thurs 1:00pm-3:00pm; Friday 10:30am-5:00pm. Supervisor: Wendy Blaettner. Send email to WLBlaettner@schreiner.edu to arrange an interview.
- Texas Heritage Music Foundation
Social Media Coordinator needed for on campus nonprofit foundation. Social media experience and good communication skills required. Contact Kathleen Hudson ASAP at (830) 377-3186 to arrange an interview.
- Campus Recreation - Part-time Lifeguard
Open to students who hold a current lifeguard certification and have experience as a lifeguard. Job includes monitoring and scanning the pool, cleaning the deck, etc. Applicants should possess good communication skills and a professional attitude, report to work promptly and be available on an on-call basis. Fall pool hours are: M-F, 3:00pm-7:00pm; Sat., Noon-6:00pm; Sun. 2:00pm-6:00pm. Hours are broken up in two-hour shifts. We are willing to work around your class schedule. Send email to Drew Dobbins: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
- Sciences & Mathematics: Texas Academy of Science (TAS) Assistant to Dr. Vines
- Advancement/University Relations (Graphic Design):
- Wellness & Group Fitness:
- Instructional Tech (3 Positions needed immediately):
Above average computer skills-technology majors preferred. These positions are for the Library Student Computer Support Center. Contact Claire Rabson ASAP to arrange an interview: CDRabson@schreiner.edu.
- Athletics-Student Trainers (2 Positions):
Prior athletic training experience is a definite plus, but not necessary! Prefer Exercise Science or any sports-related major. Availability nights and weekends necessary, based on game schedules. Must be able to work both semesters. Position involves lifting heavy coolers (~80-90 lbs.), injury and wound care, cleaning and emergency response. Good people skills, and the willingness and ability to take direction are also important. Call Janel Carlile at (830) 792-7299, or send email to email@example.com to arrange an interview.
- School of Professional Studies:
Graphic Design major needed to design and create signage as necessary. Will also consider Information Systems and Business majors. Mornings and afternoons, Monday-thru-Friday. Send email to Liliana Lovisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
- English: Graphic Design & Blog Maintenance:
Graphic Design experience needed for English Dept.; Conference presentation & poster design; Blog maintenance skills; Excellent reading and writing skills. Hours are negotiable. Send email to Dr. Lydia Kualapai at email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
OFF CAMPUS WORK-STUDY JOB POSTINGS:
(Students must be awarded Federal Work-Study and provide their own transportation)
- Boy Scouts of America:
Program facilitators needed at local elementary schools working with Cub Scouts in after school programs. Lessons will involve hands-on crafts skills and sports activities for 7-to-11 year old boys. Must enjoy working with children, and have an inclination toward arts and crafts activities. Any experience in this area would be helpful. Elementary and Middle School Education majors would be ideal for this position, as would former Scouts, but anyone may apply. Hours are normally 3:00-4:00pm daily. Applicants must have their own transportation to and from the work site. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
Big Brothers Big Sisters: