Work-Study Job Postings
Applications are currently being accepted for the positions listed below. Students should contact supervisors to arrange interviews for positions they seek. Once students receive a job offer, they must immediately notify the Coordinator of Meaningful Work and attend a mandatory orientation session. They must also complete required paperwork with the Human Resources/Payroll Department. Students are encouraged to take a copy of their application, their resume, financial aid award letter and class schedule to the interview. Check back often for changes on this page and new job postings throughout the semester.
CURRENT WORK-STUDY JOB POSTINGS:
Office Assistant/President's Office
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher; Must have a professional appearance, good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills; Must have the ability to greet guests, students, employees, alumni, board members, etc. in a professional and informative manner; Must be able to assist with all clerical duties and in the planning and execution of special events for the President's Office. Email Cindy Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Applicant must possess good interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service orientation; Ability to learn a variety of tasks quickly and perform successfully under supervision; Familiarity with general office equipment such as telephones, personal computers, software, printers and copiers; Must have ability to work as a team member toward the common goals of the library and the university. Previous library experience a plus. Flexible hours. Contact Ylanda Copeland by email at email@example.com for an interview.
- Recycling assistant needed. Requirements of position include being able to work outside. Must be able to do some lifting. Cutting down and disposing of recycle materials as well as other duties as assigned. No specific degree required. Work hours Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, hours are flexible. Supervisor: Joyce Lespreance. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK-STUDY POSITIONS:
(Students must be awarded Federal Work-Study and provide their own transportation)
American Red Cross:
- The American Red Cross needs an office assistant. Applicants must possess good computer and communication skills, have knowledge of basic office operations and be able to work efficiently. Duties will include answering phones, greeting clients, typing, copying, filing and data entry. This position will also assist with meeting and newsletter preparation, web site design and marketing. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Hours are flexible Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Contact William Thomas at (830) 257-4677 or send email to email@example.com to arrange an interview.
Boy Scouts of America:
- Help needed at elementary schools in Kerrville and Bandera, working with Cub Scouts in after school programs. Lessons involve hands-on crafts skills and sports activities for 7-to-11 year old boys. Must enjoy working with children, and have an inclination toward arts and crafts activities. Any experience in this area would be helpful. Elementary and Middle School Education majors would be ideal for this position, as would former Scouts, but anyone may apply. Hours are normally 3:00-4:00pm daily. Applicants must have their own transportation to and from the work site. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
Big Brothers Big Sisters:
- Communication skills very important, as well as public relations and marketing skills. Candidate must be professional and capable of meeting and speaking with strangers and making cold calls for fundraising efforts. Good organizational skills are necessary; must be reliable. Experience with data entry preferred. Candidates are strongly preferred who will continue in the work-study program through the spring semester. Majority of hours will fall in the 1:00 PM-to-5:00 PM range. Supervisor: Debra Parmley. Call (830) 257-2447 to arrange an interview, or email email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity:
- Habitat for Humanity Kerr County needs a Marketing/Resource Coordinator to assist the Executive Director. Prefer marketing, business or graphic design majors. Must have strong communication skills, including public speaking and interpersonal communication. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and various forms of social media (Facebook, etc.). Looking for an energetic, creative, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and with other staff and volunteers. Flexible hours with some random evening and weekend work possible. Contact Elizabeth Loggie at (830) 792-4844 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.