Performance Based ScholarshipsSchreiner University offers the following participation based scholarships:
Ambassadors Scholarship - $500 per year. Full time Schreiner Students who demonstrate leadership qualities and maintain a 2.25 gpa are encouraged to apply. Duties include conducting prospective student campus tours and participating in campus events. Applications accepted and interviews conducted each spring for the following year.
Art Scholarship – Amount varies. Art Scholarships are awarded to Communication Design majors who exhibit outstanding creativity and passion for their major. Contact Deborah Conner email@example.com for additional information.
Choir Scholarship – Amount varies, up to $1,000. Qualified candidates (new freshman or transfer students or current students) who are dedicated, interested, and talented are urged to apply. The Choir is composed of capable students who exhibit at least the following characteristics:
- Willingness to participate fully in a choral music program at Schreiner University;
- Commitment to singing under the supervision and direction of the Choir Director;
- Willingness to abide by the judgment of the Choir Director with regard to eligibility for continuing participation in the Choir; and
- Evidence of success in singing, preferably with an organized choir, or other ensemble or chorus.
To apply, complete the 2015-2016 CHOIR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and submit to:
Michael Kahl, Choir Director
Schreiner University l Campus Box 6241
2100 Memorial Blvd l Kerrville, TX 78028-5697
Questions should be addressed to Mgkahl@schreiner.edu or (830) 792-7417.
Visit the Schreiner Choir website here.
Community Internship Program - Students who wish to participate in the Community Internship Program (CIP) may earn scholarships valued at up to $1,000 per semester during the academic year. Students interested in this program should contact the Director of Career Services.
Hatton W. Sumners Leadership Grant - Amount is $7,000 per year for both the junior and senior year. Selection is competitive and determined by the strength of the application, resume, essay and personal interviews with Trustees of the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation. Preference is given to students who are majoring in political science, pre-law, history, government, business, economics, English and those who plan to teach. All majors are accepted. Students from other program areas who have high academic achievement, are involved in campus activities, exhibit leadership and a strong sense of community responsibility are also considered. Sophomores in Schreiner’s undergraduate programs or sophomores transferring to Schreiner apply to become Hatton W. Sumners Scholars in February of the sophomore year.
Eligible Applicants for Hatton Sumners:
- Will have completed 60 academic hours (including hours in progress) and be classified as a Junior in the fall with at least 4 semesters left to complete their degree plan at Schreiner
- Will have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better
- Are in good standing with the University
- Are citizens of the United States
For more information visit the latest SU Hatton W. Sumners Scholarship publication
Application Deadline: February 25, 2015 12:00p.m.
How to Apply for Sumners:
- View the HATTON W. SUMNERS APPLICATION *
- Submit a personal/professional resume
- Submit at least three letters of recommendation
- Submit one color photograph suitable for digital scanning
- Submit an autobiographical essay of no more than 750 words
*Note: Only original, hard copy, application forms are accepted. You may view this application online but must get an original form from the Schreiner University, Director of Foundation Relations, in order to submit your application.
For more information about the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation you may visit their web site at www.hattonsumners.org.
Beth Bourland, Associate Director of Foundation Relations and Prospect Manager
Schreiner University l Campus Box 6201
2100 Memorial Blvd l Kerrville, TX 78028-5697
Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (830) 792-7213.
Journalism Grant – Students involved in newspaper and magazine creation and production are eligible. Contact Amy Armstrong email@example.com for editor/co-editor opportunities on The Reveille.
LSS Notetakers - Academically motivated students may apply for the LSS Notetakers award. Amounts vary depending upon class schedule and need. Students are required to take detailed notes to share with students participating in the Learning Support Services Program. Current compensation is $60 per credit hour. Applicants must be enrolled and have class schedule before applying.
Orchestra Grant – Amount varies.
Qualified candidates who are dedicated, interested, and talented and wish to participate in the Symphony of the Hills are urged to apply. The Symphony of the Hills is comprised of Schreiner University students and instrumentalists from surrounding communities. Students selected to participate in the Orchestra exhibit the following characteristics:
- Willingness to participate fully in the Orchestra program at Schreiner University, including participation in all rehearsals and scheduled performances;
- Commitment to playing under the supervision and direction of the Orchestra Director;
- Willingness to abide by the judgment of the Orchestra Director with regard to eligibility for continuing participation in the group; and
- Evidence of success in instrumental performance, preferably with an organized orchestra, band or other ensemble.
To apply, complete the 2015-2016 ORCHESTRA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and submit to:
Dr. Jay Dunnahoo, Orchestra Director
Schreiner University l c/o 410 Coronado Drive l Kerrville, TX 78028
Contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid at (800) 343-4919 to have an Admission Counselor arrange an audition time. You may send a tape or CD in addition to the completed application to Dr. Jay Dunnahoo at the above address.
Peer Advisor Scholarship - Students who participate in the Peer Advisor Program are eligible to receive up to $200 in this scholarship. To be eligible to apply for this program, students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25, be classified as at least a sophomore, be in good disciplinary standing and have the ability to work with a diverse population of people. Interviews are required. Applications can be obtained from the Dean of Student Affairs.
Peer Ministers - This grant is available to a students interested in serving their peers through campus ministry opportunities. Application is made to and selections are made by the Campus Minister.
Resident Advisor Room and Board Scholarship - Students may apply to the Director of Residence Life after completing at least one full time semester at Schreiner or if they have significant community living experience. The students must be full time with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. These scholarships are awarded for the amount of room and board and vary with the resident assistant assignment.
Rollins (H. Moak & Emmy) Leadership Grant – Schreiner performance-based award for student involved in leadership positions on campus; elections are held in the fall of each year.
Theatre Scholarship - Amount varies up to $1,500. Applicants should be dedicated, interested, talented students who wish to participate in the Schreiner University Theatre Program. Students should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Willingness to participate fully in the Theatre program including participation in all rehearsals and scheduled performances;
- Commitment to perform under the supervision and direction of the Theatre Director; and
- Evidence of success in theatre.
- Enroll in a Theatre class each semester (exceptions to this requirement must be approved by Theatre Director);
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (as outlined in the University Catalog) and remain in good academic standing;
- Remain continuously enrolled at Schreiner University (for renewal);
- Actively participate in the Theatre program (including technical and/or performance work) in one major production each semester and two First Monday productions each semester under the supervision and direction of the Theatre Director;
- Declare a Theatre major or minor and have a signed degree plan on file with the academic advisor and University Registrar.
Theatre Scholarship Application Process:
To apply, complete the 2015-2016 THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and submit to:
Dr. Claudia Sullivan, Director of Theatre
Schreiner University l 2100 Memorial Blvd. l Kerrville, TX 78028
The Office of Financial Aid at Schreiner University is committed to assisting students in obtaining the best financial aid award possible. However, it is the student’s responsibility to comply with all requirements necessary to complete the financial aid process. In addition, the Office of Financial Aid is not responsible for the student's financial obligations to Schreiner University. Each student must verify their account balance and make arrangements for any amounts not covered by financial aid.