Frequently Asked Questions1. As a Schreiner University Online MBA in Ethical Leadership student, what will I learn?
Schreiner University Online MBA in Ethical Leadership students will discover how to achieve business goals and simultaneously sustain leadership integrity. Decision making skills will be strengthened, expanded, practiced, and tested through national competitions and simulation models. Students will employ quality theories, leverage resource factors, and integrate business strategy changes relative to contemporary business environment.
2. Who would benefit from a Schreiner University Online MBA in Ethical Leadership?
Busy working professionals interested in advancing their career options to the next level, undergraduate students who intend to continue their studies at the graduate level to increase their employability in the competitive job market, and students desiring to qualify for certification in accounting. A prospective MBA student can enter the program from a wide variety of undergraduate degree programs and does not have to possess a business-related undergraduate degree to qualify for admissions. Student who have undergraduate degrees unrelated to business can achieve the fundamentals of business by successfully accomplishing the online course BSAD 5300 Fundamentals of Business I (Marketing, Management, and Economics) and/or BSAD 5310 Fundamentals of Business II (Accounting, Finance, and Statistics). The courses may be taken concurrently. The two course series is also helpful for students with business undergraduate degrees who have been away from academics for an extended period and wish to refresh their fundamental knowledge of business.
3. What are the admission requirements?
Applicants are evaluated individually and the following criteria are employed to evaluate your application:
- Complete an online application through Schreiner One with $25 application fee.
- Personal essay (no more than 500 words) expressing your goals, qualifications, experiences, and motivation for applying to the Schreiner University Online MBA program.
- Resume showing work experience.
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all college-level coursework for direct admission to the MBA program. Applicants who do not meet the GPA standard may be admitted in provisional status.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate studies attempted, regardless of credit earned.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online through the Schreiner One MBA Admission page.
- Successful completion of foundation courses in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Statistics – either through providing transcript evidence of applicable undergraduate education or by completing Schreiner University's online BSAD 5300/BSAD 5310, Foundations of Business two course series (See Graduate Admissions Counselor for details).
- International students must contact the Graduate Admissions Office for additional admission requirements.
- Must have access to a computer with a webcam with audio mic and high speed internet access.
4. How do I apply for the MBA in Ethical Leadership program?
You may apply online from the Schreiner One Admission page.
You can also contact the Graduate Admission Office at 800.343.4919 should you have additional questions.
5. How long does it take to earn the MBA in Ethical Leadership degree?
Currently, full-time online students can complete the MBA in Ethical Leadership program in four semesters (fall and spring).
6. What is a full-time MBA student?
In order to complete the MBA in Ethical Leadership program in four semesters, a full-time student should enroll in three courses per semester, which is a total of nine-credit hours per semester.
7. Are there cohorts and when can I enter the program?
Yes, there are cohorts and ideally students should enroll in three courses for four consecutive semesters in order to complete the program. Students may start their graduate studies in any semester because there are no final graduate course capstone or thesis course requirements.
8. When are courses offered?
Three courses are offered each semester. All three courses are delivered in a fully online mode designed to enhance student collaboration.
9. What are the courses in the MBA in Ethical Leadership program?
The MBA in Ethical Leadership program is comprised of the following courses: Borderless Marketing, Managerial Resources, Business Integrity, Accounting for Decision Making, Business Law, Management Research in Business, Advanced Organizational Behavior, Quantitative Decision Making, Management Statistics, Leadership Communication, Managing Information Systems, and Leadership & Team Building.
10. How much is tuition?
Tuition is $575 per credit hour; accordingly, each three-hour course is $1,725. Graduate loans are available through the Financial Aid office by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.