Campus News 2013
For Immediate Release
November 11, 2013
Schreiner Courses Available for Senior Audit
Schreiner University believes learning should never cease, regardless of age, and offers local residents 55 years and older a chance to audit a wide range of college-level classes.
Spring 2014 classes open to auditors:
- ENGL 2341 - WORLD LIT II
- ENGL 3322 - AMERICAN LIT II
- ENGL 3332 - BRITISH LIT II
- ENGL 4340 - DRAMATIC LIT
- ENGL 4351 - HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENGL 4365 - TOPIC—ART OF EDITING
- HIST 3311 - US HISTORY FROM 1945
- HIST 3321 - REFORMATION
- HIST 4370 - MIDDLE EAST STUDIES
- MUSC 3302 - HIST OF WESTERN MUSIC FROM 1750
- MUSC 4370 - MUSIC COMPOSITION
- POLS 3320 - CONGRESS AND LEGISTLATIVE PROCESS
- POLS 3340 - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS
- POLS 3383 - INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ECONOMICS
- POLS 3384 - REGIONAL STUDY—LATIN AMERICA
- POLS 3385 - AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY PROCESS
- RELI 3321 - REFORMATION
- RELI 4370 - MIDDLE EAST STUDIES
- THRE 3302 - THEATRE HISTORY II
- THRE 4340 - DRAMATIC LIT
Classes are open first to regularly enrolled Schreiner students then to auditors on a space-available basis. Auditors do not get class credit, and proof of age is required at registration.
The application fee is $25 (nonrefundable) and courses are $50 per credit hour—most courses are three credit hours total. Those who are interested in auditing a class must send in an application by Friday, January 10, 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.schreiner.edu/admission/apply.aspx and look under Audit/Non-Degree Students tab found at the right of the page, or call the Office of Admission at 830-792-7217.
For more information about Schreiner, visit www.schreiner.edu