Online Alternative Teacher Certification
It is always a good time to enter the field of education! Graduate with an advanced degree and certification in just 3 semesters through our fully online program. APPLY TODAY for our Online Master of Education with Teacher Certification program! Contact Katy Graczyk in Graduate Admissions at (800)343-4919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the admission requirements for the Online Master of Education Program:
- Pass the PACT exam in a content/field area of certification offered by Schreiner University before acceptance into the program (to be completed after the first semester of MEd coursework)
- NOTE: Contact Dr. Neva Cramer for information and questions about certification BEFORE registering for a state exam
Dr. Neva Cramer
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale in major/field
- Complete a Plan for Certification with the director of Graduate Education- Dr. Neva Cramer
Requirements for Teacher Certification
- Must be approved for application to the Professions in Education Teacher Certification Program by the Teacher Education Committee which includes three recommendations, teaching philosophy, testing requirement contract, Code of Ethics agreement, and a formal interview with the Director of Education
- Successful completion of the state TExES exam in content field and the TExES Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities ( PPR) exam
- Successful completion of 30 outside hours of observations and assisting (placement will be provided by the program)
- Successful completion of the clinical teaching seminars with state required trainings and 14 week full day or 24 week half day internship
- Option: Complete clinical hours through a Probationary Certification Teacher of Record.
Benefits of choosing Schreiner University
In a today’s economy, Schreiner University education students have an edge on the competition:
- Alternative Certification Candidates leave with a graduate degree in education along with certification! You don’t need extra undergraduate hours. You are a career changer who wants to be a professional in education with an evolving career.
- Courses include preparation in Texas teaching competencies and college and career readiness standards and research-based strategies for creating a challenging and motivating learning environment designed for success in the 21st century.
- Certification students receive all required TEA state trainings for educators.
- All certification students have the option of completing a clinical teaching internship with a mentor OR working as a teacher of record under probationary certification. You leave this program fully certified!
- All certification students leave with the qualifications to teach in public or private K-12 schools, to teach or coach as an instructor in a college or university, and to take on a leadership role in education including Athletic Director or Asst. Principal of Instruction.
For further questions or to set up an interview for Teacher Certification contact:
Neva Cramer. Ph.D.
Director of Education and Graduate Studies
2100 Memorial Blvd., Alumni House
Kerrville, TX 78028
» Overview of Online Programs