Personal Computer Help 2(SC)
The Student Computer Support Center 2(SC) is a free computer repair service offered through Instructional Technology to Schreiner students, faculty and staff. It is located in the Logan Library Computer Commons area behind the Computer Help Desk. 2(SC) employs technology majors to perform the services listed below and is open as student workers can be scheduled. Computers are accepted for repair every day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
To contact a computer tech, go to: https://kbox.schreiner.edu/
This portal allows you to open an account, then:
- Submit tech-related questions from anywhere
- Access FAQ and general set up articles for device upkeep
- Check on the status of a computer being worked on in the Center
Computer Services Offered
- General computer maintenance
- Updates, defrag, program installs, etc.
- Virus and other malware removal
- Data backup and recovery
- Hardware replacement consulting
- And more to fit your IT needs
Although Schreiner no longer provides anti-virus software, there are several free, downloadable anti-virus programs on the internet. If your computer is not protected, or you are being urged to purchase an anti-virus program, bring your computer into 2(SC) and the Techs will install one.
Tame the Beast!